On April 23, 2009, I wrote about Spelling. Also on May 15, May 26, and May 29.
Spelling, good, bad, and indifferent, sure plays a HUGE role in our researching lives.
So, here are a few of my names, and the various spellings I have found, this is NOT to be considered a complete list for each name.
Gehrke, also found as Gerke, Sherke and Scherke. The last 2 were found in one obituary.
Canuet found: Canuett, Cannet, Connett, Connet and Canuel.
Not just limited to surnames, how bout this lovely example?? Czechoslovakia found spelled: Checzolovakia
Check back with me now and then, and I will share some more spelling oddities. I have some German surnames that have had as many as 25 different spellings, all traced back to one immigrant.
Are We Having Fun Yet??
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps