Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award & Challenge

Imagine my total surprise this AM when I received not one, but two nominations for the new Kreative Blogger Award.  Thank you Flipside and Cemetery Explorers.

The winner of the award has to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers. Now,if one is nominated TWICE, does that mean I must come up with 14 things about me and 14 new nominations??   Oh, dear!  OKKKK, I am gonna do 8 of each. 

8 things about me

1.) I am passionate about things I love, my family, my friends, my family research, my yorkies, my RV life.

2.) I enjoy antiques, but the family heirlooms are the best antiques ever.

3.) I enjoy volunteering, teaching genealogy and stomping cemeteries in our home county.

4.) There is no greater (and humbling) thrill than helping other researchers find a lost twig, a missing family member, reconnecting with their past.

5.) I love a good Manhattan and Sunset Blush wine from Pentamere (Tecumseh Michigan)

6.) Some of the bestest people in the world do genealogy and RV. These friendships are special beyond words.

7.) I have a dark sense of humor.

8.) Since I have been nominated twice in one day, I am gonna add one more thing about me: I love blogging and they cannot shut me up! 

My nominations are, in no specific order, all creative and frequently inspiring.  I am nominating 8.

1.)  Blind Pig and the Acorn . (Link broken as of October 2018)

2.)  Ancestor Soup

3.)  Genealogy Frame of Mind

4.)  Ginisology ~

5.)  The Research Journal

6.)  A View from the Edge

7.)  Photo-Sleuth

8.)  Generational

I hope you will enjoy reading these blogs as much as I do. 

The twice honored, and twice humbled - - -


*This post brought to you from the road, somewhere on I 69, headed to southern climes.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am both honored and humbled! Mwah!

Karen said...

Wow - thanks for the award, Carol - you have been so encouraging and inspiring, and I love reading your blog!

tipper said...

Congrats on both of your awards : ) Way to go!! And thank you so much for passing it along to me-makes my day so much brighter :)

Karen K said...

Thanks for the award Carol! Genealogy Frame of Mind is thrilled to have been one of your chosen few... Congrats on your two awards, you certainly deserve them!