Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hair Today, Locks Tomorrow

Today, noon:


The process, today 1:30 P.M.:


The donation, today, 2:00 P.M.:


The beneficiaries, the kids at Locks of Love.

Locks of Love is one of those causes that is dear to my heart.  My donation, because it is of mixed color including gray, will be sold, and the $$ from the sale will be used to pay manufacturing expenses at Locks of Love. 



* 2019 update, I no longer donate to Locks of Love due to some misunderstandings and questionable press.  I now donate to Children With Hair Loss.  They can be found at Facebook and on YouTube.  They have an Amazon Smiles page connection, if you buy from Amazon and link via the page, a donation to Children With Hair loss will be made.  
.

7 comments:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

What a special gift.

geneabloggers said...

Wow - a great gift and you are a very special person for doing this!

Nita said...

That's fantastic, Carol! This seems to be catching on and more and more people are doing this. I'll bet your new style looks great!! You'll have to post a pic of the new you!

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

Cool. Sara is holding out for a couple more inches before she donates again.

Amy Coffin said...

What a wonderful gift. I really admire you.

Greta Koehl said...

Fabulous. An incredible gift.

FranE said...

My daughter did that when her hair was long. When my husband was in cancer treatment, it was evident how the gift affected the recipients.
You are a special lady. What a lovely gift.