Thursday, March 18, 2010

2009-10 Winter Tana Tour, Nature's Gifts

Nature abounds, we only have to look.  A 12 zoom lens on the digital camera doesn't hurt either! 


Above, egret who frequents the campground.


Above, along the road in Gulf State Park,
early bloomers, ground huggers, name unknown.


Above, Osprey nest, Gulf State Park.  I had photos of Osprey nests when we first arrived here in Gulf Shores.  In fact, this is one of the same.  The second one, sadly, was blown down in a bad wind storm a few weeks back.  Man was studying this nest with binoculars, and he swears he saw a little head pop up near the right side of the nest.  I can't say for sure, is that one??   I have seen an adult land and sit on the nest, course, by the time I got the camera out and turned on - - - - -

Ohhhh, I dream of a 20 zoom camera  - - - and I have it all picked out!


Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.
.

2 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

Oooh. That reminds me that we saw a couple of sandhill cranes near Sparta a week or so ago. Saw one take off. It was something to see. We weren't more than 100 feet from the one in the pond.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Love the egret photo! I didn't get any good pics during our too short week in Florida but I loved seeing all the waders. The little flowers are wild strawberries. I have a huge patch here in what passes for lawn.