Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Again,With a Heavy Heart, I Come Asking for Prayers


Just received phone call that friend Glenn who has been battling cancer, is going to hospice.  Please pray for no pain, a easy slipping away to the new world and peace for his dear wife Lorraine.

Man's mother situation is quite serious, much worse than we feared and we feared bad bad bad.  Short of it, dementia.  She is still hospitalized.  Pray for strength for Man and her grandsons (Son # 1, Son # 2 and Son # 3.)

I know, a lot of posts from ole Carol this week - - -


Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
.

7 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Dementia is an evil thing - I know first hand with my Mom - it affects the entire family and causes you to second guess all that you've done for your loved one so far. It torments the mind, the body and the soul.

I am praying real hard for you and your family. Let me know if you need help with resources. I hated having to put my Mom in a facility (and having to tell her about it on Mothers Day of all days!) but she is safe and secure and can't hurt herself or others.

Carol said...

Thomas, I could not agree more with your first paragraph. That is a huge BINGO! It does torment the mind, the body and the soul.

Thank you for your insight and prayers.

Dorene from Ohio said...

Our prayers are with you and your dear family and friend.

Nita said...

We too are saddened to hear about Glenn. He was one of the first MOCer's we ever met and made a lasting impression. He has always been bigger than life, so this is so hard to accept!

Sorry to hear about Man's mother. My mom had dementia and I often said, I never really knew when I lost her. It is a horrible thing to go through, but we still remember how she once was and all the good times we had. Even when she was at her worst, she could sometimes make us laugh, and that was a good thing. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

So sad to hear that more sadness has met you at the door. My father had dementia. It not only takes the mind, but also the body. He is at peace now, thankfully. My prayers are with you and your family Carol.

Greta Koehl said...

So sorry to hear all this bad news; we'll keep the prayers coming.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Carol, I am sorry to hear this news. You are in my thoughts.