Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Minutiae, Sand Hill Cranes and Thanks To

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Before Man and I went off to Goshen for the MOC Rally, I spied these two sand hill cranes in a field near our home.  They were a long way off the road, so, I zoomed to 20 times with the Sony and tried to catch them.  Because of the zoom, they are not real clear, but, aren't they magnificent??


Over at Reflection's Flora and Fauna I am still posting some photos from the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, there are several more photos/posts in the queue and several more I want to share with you.  The giraffe photos I think will be rather special.


Thank you to blogger friend, Barbara, from Life From The Roots,  who honored me along with some other terrific bloggers with the Genea-Angel Award.  Thank you so much Barbara.  You truly are a Genea-Angel to so many others, it is easy to see why you were honored in the first place!  Wahhooo!!!

Congratulations to her other choices, they so deserve the recognition.

Man and I are doing the re-enter process after the great MOC Rally, we have a number of appointments and family events scheduled the next few weeks, and of course, Halloween is just around the calendar.  Do you have your costume all picked out??

Boo!!


.

5 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

That's a great picture Carol! We have so many of these cranes where we live and often they have lost their fear of humans. One day when I came home from grocery shopping, two of them tried to follow me in the front door. I do believe they would have come inside if I had let them!

Éire Historian said...

Beautiful photo. It looks like a painting.
Also, congratulations on the Genea-Angel award. I can't imagine anyone more deserving of it. Cheers! Jennifer

Susan Clark said...

Breathtaking, Carol. And such a joy for those of us in more urban settings.

Barbara Poole said...

Carol, you surprised me. I'm sitting here looking at the cranes, and loving the tall grass? then scrolled down. Well, thank you very much for the mention as well and for mentioning the DAR covers, I'll do my Oct. one this Wednesday.

Greta Koehl said...

The effect of the cranes against the grass is stunning - I agree with Irish Eyes that it's like a painting!