Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, Who's to Blame?

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

From Randy Seaver:

Hey geneaphiles - it's Saturday Night, time for more Genealogy Fun for all Genea-Musing readers.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (and we need more of you to do this, otherwise it may end...), is to:

( See my responses in red.)

1) Read Brenda Joyce Jerome's post Who or What Do You Blame? on the Western Kentucky Genealogy blog. She asks these questions:

* Can you identify person or event that started you on this search for family information?

Son # 1 and Man's Mother started one summer, he went back to college and - -

* Did you pick up researching where a relative had left off?

He passed the project off to ole Mom, creating a genie addict.

* Did your interest stem from your child's school project on genealogy?

No, but, I did share my work with my nephew for a school project once, he got a very good grade!

* If you have been researching many years, it may be hard to pinpoint one reason for this journey.

N/A

2) Write your responses on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a note or comment on Facebook.

Done.  Hope to read some other "Who's to Blame" posts this weekend.



* I was probably already infected with the genie addiction before Son # 1 passed the project off to me.  I loved antiques and my grandmother, Minnie, always drug me around Rockingham County Virginia to visit family and show me my heritage and history.  Yep, I was a goner right from the get go!
.

2 comments:

Life Goes On said...

Genealogy and the love of hunting for dead relatives sure can be a wonderful addicting holiday

Barbara Poole said...

Enjoyed reading this. Does your son still have an interest in genealogy?