Monday, March 7, 2011

THE Trip, Things That Make Me Shake My Head

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Lets kick back and relax a bit!  Here are some photos of some unusual things I have seen in the last week or so, in no particular order.

Just cause - - - cause I can and cause I have a very strange sense of humor that frequently makes me ask "What????", and then (maybe) break into hysterical laughter at the absurdity of it all. (If there is no laughter, you can almost bet there will be a rant in there somewhere.  LOL)

This my dear non-RVing friends is the inside of an electrical supply
for an individual camp site.  In the top left we have 50 AMP breakers, top right
is 30 AMP breaker.  Bottom right is a 30 AMP receptacle, we plug Tana's
cord into that and we have 30 AMPS of power to play with.  We thought
we paid for a 50 AMP service.  Man looked hard at this, then, looked at
the bottom of the box (one must almost stand on one's head to do this
mind you, just saying - - -)
This is what he found on the bottom of the box, try to visualize ole Carol shooting a photo up into the sky, ya, kinda hard to do.  I refused to sit or lay on the ground for reasons you do not want to hear about.  So, forgive that this is not square, etc. etc. etc.

What Man expected/hoped to find was a 50 AMP receptacle.  This is NOT a 50 AMP.
This is actually nothing Man (retired electrician) had ever seen before.
Our 50 AMP cord does not and will NOT fit in there.  We had to use 30 AMP at
this campsite.  I only half jokingly said to Man, that is a receptacle for a mobile
home.  Guess what, I was right!  Campground owner purchased all his
electrical boxes from a mobile home park, mmm, used.  SIGHHH
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I know everyone has heard of speed bumps, most of us don't really like them, but they are a fact of life and we begrudgingly live with them.  A couple of variations:

In a campground, they dug trenches in the dirt road
to create a driving hazard they call a speed dip.  Funny,
no signs like this as you pull into the campground that we
saw, only one or two signs in the middle of the campground
visible when you depart.  So, yes, Virginia, and all her friends,

we hit several of these dips rather hard, with Tana in tow.
You can fill in the rest of the purple language heard in Big Butt.
Speed hump in a shopping center area, if they want to be
effective they need to make the humps larger, as, mmm, folks
driving at 25 MPG has no ill effects, don't even feel 'em.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have NO idea, NONE!!




*Man earned his living the last half of his working years as an electrician in a manufacturing plant.  No commercial license, no experience in other areas of the electrical world, like mobile home parks!  LOL

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

Fits my mood perfectly today! Not sure that's a good thing, but it's where I am... REALLY like the critter.

Greta Koehl said...

Love the sculpture - I would so put that in my yard!