Sunday, March 27, 2011

When Dick Speaks, We Listen

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Yesterday morning at o dark thirty, I plied my "I don't do mornings"  body out of zzzzz land and headed off to meet Michelle of The Turning of Generations blog.  We met up at a local park 'n ride, I jumped in her wheels and off we went to the Family History Society of Arizona Seminar and Annual Meeting at the Arizona Community Church in Tempe.

We were gonna hear Dick (Eastman) speak.  Michelle and I were both excited.  He presented 3 topics, "Genealogy Searches on Google", "The Organized Genealogist" and "The Latest Technology for the Genealogist".


We all know it, Dick is well spoken and imparts information in a concise and clear manner.   He is relaxed on stage, has a bit of a wry wit and it comes forth in his presentations.  However, the nice surprise of my first experience hearing Dick in person is the fact that you don't get tired listening to Dick.  You know what I am getting at, you go to a presentation, and about half way through those chairs get VERY uncomfy and you start the wiggle worm act.  Well, no uncomfy or wiggle worm activity while Dick was speaking.  Major accomplishment, not sure how he pulls that off, but, as a one time, some time speaker, I sure wish I knew his secret!


This gal enjoyed the total experience, great friendship and company of Michelle, a well organized, smooth running seminar and hearing Dick speak.

That is a total WIN WIN WIN day!



.

6 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

What a wonderful day it must have been. And, I'm glad you had somebody, Michelle, there with you. Glad you heard Dick too.

Linda Gartz said...

Wish I could have heard it. I'm a subscriber to Dick's Plus edition, but I still don't always get to check everything out. You and Michelle at Turning of Generations must have had a great time and learned a lot.

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Although he's from next door in Maine, I've never heard Dick Eastman speak. He's not speaking at NERGC either, so I'm still jealous!

PalmsRV said...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Looks like lots of fun.

Cathy

Lori E said...

I just read about this on Michelle's blog. As I said to her we have all learned so much from Mr. Eastman over the years.
I did try to do the info:http:// as he advised but I just get an error message. Am I missing something?

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

This is very cool!!!!