Thursday, September 1, 2011

THE Trip, Dead Horse Point State Park, Moab Utah

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

(Warning, this is another graphics heavy post.  Pretty stuff, but, graphics heavy!)


Our visit to Dead Horse Point State Park was on May 4, 2011.  The drive, as always, beautiful, overwhelming, breathtaking.  And, the views were going to get much better!


Now, just enjoy the views of Dead Horse Point State Park.  If you note that some of the photos seem similar, well, I just could not resist, and no, I did not share them ALL with you.  LOL



Below a couple of photos of Man taking in the sights, ya, pretty much the same place, but, as one walks around a bit, the angles, the views, change:



Then, of course, boys will be boys, and, Man just could not resist this.  Now, I know some of you will remember the Palm Springs Tram ride fiasco (well, fiasco for MOI!!!,  he loved it).  That little tram ride left a long term affect on me, my normal angst over heights, back-less stair wells, or leaning over walls was now about as severe a case of hysteria as you could get.  Watching other visitors to places like the Grand Canyon, walking right to the edge, scurrying up and down rocks, leaning over those edges, well, just the thoughts of it still make my knees very rubber-like.  I had to turn away from such sights many times, just turn and walk away, or I would have been physically ill.  Man snuck close up encounters to look down into the canyons, but of course, usually when I was walking away!   LOL  But, he finally said, I have to have ONE photo.  So, I sucked it up, turned away just a bit while he climbed up, and then, I took his picture!  LOL


And, this is what it looks like when one is scooting down:


And, a panoramic, no words, just enjoy - -


WOW, OH, WOW!!



.
.

2 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Really, really glad Al didn't fall. Nice picture of him.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Breathtaking series of pictures. I was gasping at Man and his antics! Literally gave me the willies. I'm glad he had his moment of fun. lol