Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Moaning, This 'N That From Reflections

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

It has been a long, wonderful, warm, colorful, spectacular weekend here in SE Michigan, a long weekend that Man decided to spice up a bit.  He had a bit of an argument with a barn door, the door tends to win at these kinds of things, and it did this time too.  He was very lucky, a few inches up or down and the damage would have been much worse and we would not be laughing about how he looks like a Klingon or a raccoon.  There are a few stitches, we hit the hospital at a time when there was no queue, I barely had the car parked and he was already in a treatment room.  With the assistance of some ice and a bit of strong pain killers he is doing fine.  Yep, a very interesting weekend.

Some of you may have noted that I had to turn the capcha letters back on for leaving comments here, and today I had to add them to Flora and Fauna as well.  It has, for now, stopped the advertising comments, and no more Slavic language ones either.  I am NO fan of capcha, so I am hoping that this will discourage them. I am not holding my breath however, I love purple, but, not on my skin.

Mini rant follows, and, I am sooooo sorry if you are one of the bloggers that does this, but, those with one of those "My Favorite Songs" widgets are tough, very tough for those of us on slower internet hookups.  OK, I'll admit it, I had to stop following one or two of you because you have graphic heavy (and believe me, I know graphic heavy, sighhh) posts AND that music.  I could not get your blogs to load.  I am so sorry, but, I really have to ask, since this is my rant, is the music really necessary to the content of your blog??

Now, my glass of wine and Sony bring you one photo from this afternoon.  It was such a beautiful weather fall color weekend here, really, really beautiful.



.

5 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

So sorry to hear that Man lost the battle with the barn door - hope the damage wasn't too bad and that he is on the road to recovery.

Agree with you totally regarding the music! Most of the time (since I generally use wifi in public places) I have the sound turned off so don't hear it but it still affects how quickly (or slow) the page loads.

Michelle Goodrum said...

So sorry to hear about Man's encounter with the barn door. Glad it was not serious. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Susan Clark said...

Could not agree more re: streaming music. I'm frequently playing my own music and rather resent someone else's choices blasting in. There are at least three blogs I no longer visit because of the music.

Greta Koehl said...

Hope Man gets better quickly. In general I agree about the streaming music - there is one exception for me, a blog about Appalachian culture, history, and genealogy, where I think the music is appropriate, but on most blogs I think it is unnecessary. I have had more problems with graphics-heavy sites - wish more people would keep it simple!

Barbara Poole said...

I agree with your four nice friends about music, esp. since I usually have the tv or my own music on.
This was a mini-mini rant, how about a huge one?