Saturday, October 22, 2011

THE Trip, Day Trip, LONG LONG Day Trip, Part 9, Driving Back to Bryce

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Wow, it has been some day, and we still have to drive ALL the way back from Capital Reef National Park to Bryce Canyon, Utah.  As a reminder, this 250 some mile, 13.5 hour day trip from Bryce Canyon to Capital Reef  National Park and back again was done on May 15, 2011.  The sun was setting casting a golden tone on the stone.  Awesome.


Below, was in a dark shadow, but, look close, at the deep ravine cutting the landscape into sections.




The layers on this cone shaped formation are, well, what words can I come up with that I have not over used in the last several months of posting.  I started to say, stunning, but I have used stunning so many times.  I went to an online dictionary to see what I might find.   I found synonyms for stunning : amazing, astonishing, astounding, blindsiding, dumbfounding (also dumfounding), eye-opening, flabbergasting, jarring, jaw-dropping, jolting, shocking, startling, surprising, stupefying.  Yep, all of those descriptive words work.



The long road home. It has been some kinda day, we are simply exhausted, and simply aghast at the beauty we found.  And, believe me, over 600 photos were not enough to even start to capture it.


We only have a few days left in Bryce, and there is more to see.  Really, there is!


.

1 comment:

Jan Kelpe said...

there is a nice campground there for your next visit. i assume you saw it by the visitors center.