Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Up, Needles Highway Tunnels

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

MOC friend Wayne posted a link to this photo of a tour bus (2016, sorry, the link no longer works) driving through that small tunnel.  He was lucky enough to see three go through the tunnels while he visited.  How's that for a photo op???  He did mention that he heard the mirrors scraping on that bus as it went through the tunnel.   Ooops!

Another MOC contributor shared this YouTube video of a bus and the tunnel, sorry, this link also is no longer viable (June 2016).  And, I found another here, note quality of this one is not as clear as the first.  This one shows a bus entering the tunnel in 2007 in the first part of the video.


.

8 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

OMG! I can't believe that the first driver 1) didn't stop and 2) didn't have a heart attack! I'll stick to my soft cones and tennis balls.

Greta Koehl said...

Gulp...

Lynne Carothers said...

I'm glad that my youngest son didn't see the first video. He would be adding the jump from rock to roof to rock to his own bucket list. His middle name is Monkey.

Carol said...

No kidding! LOL

Carol said...

And, GULP again!

Carol said...

That was downright scary to me. Shuddering

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Whooooweee! Hubby and I got a real kick out of that first video. What the heck was the deal with those people crossing over on the top of that bus? Crazy!

Carol said...

Who knows why people would come up with such a idea?? But, this AM, I am wondering if that bus driver was not in on it???