Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stop SOPA Sympathy Day

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


For users of internet sites, surfing around for the next 24 hours or so might be a bit different.  That is because a number of web sites, including, so they say, Wikipedia will be doing a black out of their web site in an attempt to draw attention to SOPA, aka,  the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), also known as House Bill 3261.

You can read all about it on this Wikipedia page, but, you might have to wait a few hours, because, mmm, it is supposed to be blacked out.

Here is more information on SOPA.  There is even a petition you can sign there.

And, one more site, SOPA Countdown.

Reflections will not be going dark on my web pages, because the only directions I found to do so looked scary to me, messing around with some parts of my blog where I never dare tread.   (Add to that I am very tired tonight, we had such a wonderful visit today with our MOC firends.)   I am sorry, but, I have had my fair share of internet/computer/blogger issues and I am more than gun shy - - -

So, instead I am posting this short post, giving you some links, and will not post again until the 19th.





*

2 comments:

kinfolknews said...

Carol,
Every bit helps and I understand not wanting to mess with you blog template! It can be real scary!
Regina

Kathy Reed said...

Carol,
This issue has had a lot of publicity the past couple of days. I guess that is a good thing. I don't know much about the issue. I guess I'm going to have to get educated.