Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Midge Frazel of Granite in My Blood posted a question on her blog recently about a metal marker near the stone of her 2nd great grandparents. I responded that it was a funeral home marker. Then, I remembered this stone/marker. Mary is not a relative or anyone I have been researching, she is buried in one of the local cemeteries I am helping record for the Lenawee County Family Researchers.
And, a closer look:
In my experience these metal markers are removed when a permanent stone marker is installed. Not this time! So glad that it was left behind, lookie: FULL dates!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November