Tuesday, January 8, 2013

THE Trip, THE Encore' :: Las Cruces New Mexico, Then On To Tombstone Arizona

Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

December 7 and 8, 2012

We spent two nights in Las Cruces, shopping and enjoying a great meal in Old Mesilla  at La Posta, yep, Mexican food, really good Mexican food.

La Posta was decorated for the holidays.  The day we were there they had over 24 trees up and decorated, and more were coming in!  And, yes, this is a chandelier, not a tree!  LOL


The restaurant is beautiful before the holiday decorations:


We strolled around town after our yummy meal, look at this neat old gate, ignore the modern PCV plastic pipe behind it. SIGHHH


I know I took a photo very much like this two years ago, I was drawn back to this area, loving the color, the style, the gate like wrought iron.  An, ohhh, myyy, I see Man's reflection too!  LOL


We would have enjoyed staying in the Las Cruces area for much longer, but, we had one more stop to make before our holiday layover in Tucson where we had a reservation for the 12th, so we had to move on out, heading west once again along I-10.

We saw signs about dust storms and zero visibility and we were passed by this, oversized load.  I'll say it is oversized:


Along this stretch of I-10, I am also always impressed by the long trains, lots of trains.  And, a nice display of geology too!


Ah ha:   Arizona state line!  WOOT!


And we know we are almost to Benson Arizona when we see these fascinating bolder/rocks/formations at the Texas Canyon rest stop.


Next stop, Tombstone area, where we will spend time visiting Tombstone, Bisbee and the Kartchner Caverns.




.

1 comment:

Éire Historian said...

Love the decor and the colour, one of my favourite blues, and I'm a big fan of wrought iron too! Yikes, I don't ever want to be next to the vehicle that tire fits on. Great shots of the rock formations and scenery along the way! Thanks for taking us along with you.

Cheers,
Jennifer