Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Since our return to the stick built I have been doing a bit of file (and file cabinet) cleaning. Filling trash bags, finding lots of scratch paper (if it has one clean side, it IS scratch, eh?).
I found this handout from a seminar attended many many moons ago. There is no source. I have not attempted to find one. Sorry. If you know the source, leave a comment.
Just a share for my fellow researchers, who will get this. OHHH, and number 5 and 8 may help you date this! (We now desire scanners and high speed internet!)
You Know You Are an Addict When:
1.) You brake for libraries.
2.) You hyperventilate at the sight of an old cemetery.
3.) You would rather browse in a cemetery than a shopping mall.
4.) You would rather read census schedules than a good book.
5.) You are more interested in what happened in 1689 than 1997.
6.) Savage, Torry, and Pope are household names, but you cannot remember what to call the dog.
7. ) You can pinpoint Harrietsharm, Hawkhurts, Kent, but can’t locate your state capital on the map.
8.) You think every home should have a copier and a microfilm reader.
9.) You know every register of deeds in the state by name, but, they lock the doors when they see you coming.
10.) You store your clothes under the bed, because your closet is full of books and papers.
11.) All your correspondence begins with “Dear Cousin”.
12.) You have traced every one of your ancestral lines back to Adam and Eve, have it documented, and still don’t want to quit.
* All graphics found on the internet years ago and the source data has long been lost. Apologies to the websites and owners. Thank you for all your work.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments