Saturday, January 4, 2014

"Special People / Iconic Figures"

Copyright 2014, CABS for Reflections From the Fence



This blog post  is part of my participation in a weekly writing meme called, "The Book of Me, Written By You"  You too can be part of this experiment/experience, there is information at this Facebook page.

I may or may not publicly share what I write each week. This week I share.

Week 13: Special People / Iconic Figures

This week’s prompt is Special People / Iconic Figures

If you had to hold a dinner party and could invite a maximum of 12 special people who would you invite?
You can NOT include family in this – the special people could be famous or historical people.
What meals would you serve and why.
Perhaps include the recipe or a photo if you decided to actually cook the items!

I would invite:

1.  President John F. Kennedy  2.  President Abraham Lincoln,  3. President George Washington.  It would be interesting to hear them talk about their lives, the parts that history classes and books leave out. 

4. George Washington Carver, because any man that can crochet beautiful things and study peanuts is a man that has much to teach and just has to be interesting to visit with!

5. Walt Disney, the man of dreams and cartoons and animation.  Carry me away with your dreams, escapism is a great thing!

6. and 7. The Wright Brothers, Orville and Wilbur and 8. Howard Hughes.  My love of planes and history mix together here.

9. George Gershwin, the man of music.  "Summertime" is a favorite of mine, I wonder if I could get him to play it for the dinner guests?

10.  Representative Gabrielle Dee "Gabby" Giffords and 11. her husband, astronaut, Mark E. Kelly.  After what they have been through, and seemingly handled so gracefully, I would like to honor them and just be in their presence, I believe I would feel peace and determination, a great combination.

12. Han Chinese printer Bi Sheng inventor of the the world's first movable type printing technology way back in the years between 1041 and 1048.  (Yes, I had to look it up, cause I thought  German printer Johannes Gutenberg in 1450 invented the printing press too.)  I would want to know what Bi Sheng thought of all the changes his invention made in the world.  ALL those printed words!

I would serve nachos! First cause I make a mean nacho and second because no one can eat one without making messy, and that makes us human and real.


.

2 comments:

my Heritage Happens said...

Nice choices! I especially like Walt Disney, I am surprised I didn't think of him!

Lynne Carothers said...

I love your list - and I'll be over for nachos!

BTW, I met Walt Disney when my mother and I flew in a helicopter from LA airport to Anaheim. He was on the same flight. What a neat experience but, as I was a young'un, I paid more attention to the flight than the person sitting across from me.