Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May Day Celebrations in Amana Iowa :: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Wanted to share this before May is over.  On the way back to SE Michigan Man and I spent a couple of nights at Amana, Iowa.  We were delighted to discover when we went to town for a meal and some strolling that they were having a May Day Celebration.  Of course, I took photos.

The lilacs were profuse and smelled heavenly:


Not sure what these were, they were also profuse, maybe decorative pears??




Who can resist a bike with such charming decorations?  Not I.


The decorations on the main street were wonderful, totally May Day.




And, there was dancin' in the streets:


May Day in Amana Iowa, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.





* For our RVing friends, 151 from I-80 north into Amana will "chuck" your rig.  If you are approaching from the east, take 6 in from Coralville.

.

No comments: