Monday, March 14, 2016

The Red House

Copyright 2016, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Part of a letter, dated 1973, found during the document review project:

Man’s "working - - as usual.  He’s been working 6-10 hr days every week ‘cept two since we moved in.  At times it sure gets to be a drag but the $$ is great, specially when you have to make a $200 house payment each month."

Yes, you read that correctly, $200.00 a month, included taxes and insurance too!


We lived there almost 8 years.  It was a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, full basement home.  No family room.  And, yes, the payments went up as time went by. Insurance rates increased and you know taxes did.  I don't remember how much.  I actually did not remember what the payments started out as, till I found this letter.

Oh, and that auto in the drive, I loved that car.  Man hated it with a passion. I believe it had to do with the car and it's need of frequent repairs.  But, I did love that car.

And, those that know me will guess, that red paint on the house, it was my idea.  I totally loved that red.




.

No comments: