Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shadow Box Number 3, Treasure Chest Thursday

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Last year before THE Trip, I was sharing my shadow boxes with you on Treasure Chest Thursday.  The first appeared on May 13, 2010, and the second was published on June 24, 2010.

Many items in the collection were given to me by my grandmother, Florence Ruth Dews Bowen.  This box is actually a jewelry box which I converted to a shadow box.  The figurines in this particular box are quite small.





.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least if they're in a shadow box you don't have to dust 'em all :-) Thanks for your Blogiversary wishes. Jo

Joan said...

And I was admiring the tiny chests in the lower level --- the ones with the tiny bowls or baskets on top --- at least that's what these old eyes thought they saw. Delightful.

Carol said...

Yes, Joan, that is a small tiny chest, on top, is one basket and one small wooden bird. The chest is made of plastic, there are several pieces that go with it, including a rocking chair and coffee table.

Barbara Poole said...

I'm not a collector but sure appreciate yours. One nice thing about enlarging your post, I can see just about everything. There must be many happy memories in your shadow boxes.